This is Me

No Description Necessary

Tuesday, June 02, 2009

"I Hate..." #3

I hate compromise - the type of compromise that women always seem to make when it comes to men.

I have a male friend who everyone always thinks I'm going to end up with. Whenever people say, "You two are going to get married." and I tell them millions of reasons why we won't, the first thing out of every woman's mouth is:

"Oh, girl. That will change."

WTH? That will change?!?!?! WHY would I want someone who needs changing?

He's a great person (we wouldn't be friends if he weren't) but the reasons why we won't end up together are IMPORTANT, and yet females are always telling me to overlook those reasons.

#1. I'm not physically attracted to him.

(Yeah, I know. That can change. But it's not going to with me. Trust me on that one.)

#2. We're not equally yoked. Spiritually we're on two different levels.

#3. He has a tendency to accept things from women who are trying to date him and who he has no intention of dating. That's leading someone on. That's wrong. I try to tell him how wrong it is, but he says "Hey. She offered."

Taking advantage of someone like that is SO unattractive. And when I tell people example #3, they say "Well, a lot of people are like that."

And so because a lot of people are like that I'm supposed to accept it?!?!?!

Why do women keep asking me to accept mediocrity???

Marriage is FOREVER and if I'm going to spend the rest of my life with someone, there are certain compromises I'm not going to make.

I know that a good man is hard to find and magazines and TV shows keep reminding women of a "man shortage", but if I can't find a good man should I accept a mediocre one just to say I have someone? That's just asking for a miserable life.

Men don't ever tell their friends to wait on a woman to change. They tell him to move on if she doesn't have the qualities he's looking for and find another one. Why can't I do the same?

Men only have the upper hand when it comes to dating because we've given it to them. All the concessions women make to keep someone who doesn't want to be kept are the reasons why men act the way they do.

Compromising shouldn't be the right way to find a good man.

One of the definitions of compromise is: "the acceptance of standards that are lower than is desirable."

Is that how you want your relationship to start?

1 Comments:

  • At 8:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    This post is so on point! I honestly believe lowering our standards and expecting things to change after marriage is the main reason behind a lot of divorces (including mine own) today.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home