This is Me

No Description Necessary

Friday, March 07, 2008

And The Winner Is.... Me

My dreams have changed considerably in the past 10 years.

In 1998 I was a freshman in college and really didn't know what I wanted to do with my life.

Now I want things that are much bigger than I ever could have imagined.

At times I may share those dreams with others, but they usually give me that look that says "You're not being realistic."

And that's okay. I don't let their negativity discourage me because I know God is planning something big for me.

I don't know exactly what it is, but I know it will happen.

These dreams won't come to fruition tomorrow and I doubt the major one will happen within the next 5 years.

Hopefully, the smaller dreams that lead to the big one will come true in the next few years, but even if the don't, I know that they will.

And when they do, those big dreams will one day lead to me standing on stage accepting an award. For what, I don't know.

But it will happen.

And this is what I'll say.....

"Whenever I told people about my dreams, certain people gave me that look that said "Yeah, right. You're not going to do that."

But it didn't discourage me. I just looked at them and said...

"If Will Smith can go from *rapping* 'Parents just don't understand!' to becoming a blockbuster action movie star, I certainly can attain success."

And here I am.

Whenever I told people about the fine man God was going to send me, once again, people gave me that look that said "Yeah, right. You can't have everything. He's either going to be fine and a jerk or ugly and treat you like a Queen."

But it didn't discourage me. I just looked at them and said...

"If two beautiful people like Will Smith and Jada Pinkett can fall in love and be happy, why can't I get a fine man who also treats me like a Queen?"

It's funny how everything comes back to Will Smith, isn't it?

*laughter from crowd*

My man lets me know how much he loves me every day without fail and makes me feel like I can do anything. And yes, he is FINE.

-PAUSE-

The music is about to play, so let me finish.

-PAUSE-

There are always going to be people who tell you that you can't do something. There is always going to be negativity coming at you from all sides.

ALL sides.

It may even come from people you thought would always support you, like your parents or your best friend.

But even if there is NO ONE on this earth who has your back, always remember that God does.

What God has for you is FOR YOU and no amount of negativity, no amount of set backs, is going to change that.

Thank you."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home