This is Me

No Description Necessary

Thursday, January 10, 2008

I Am So Over It

Last night a friend and I were talking about the inconsistent men in our lives. You know the type. He calls every day for two weeks and then you don't hear from him at all for another two, then he calls out of the blue like he hasn't just ignored you for a month. You know - the guy who says "I'm interested" but as soon as you admit you are interested in him, too, he pulls back and you wonder what happened.

I brought up the guy I was interested in first and then she started talking about hers. While she was talking I physically got tired. It actually physically wears me out to discuss men.

We are 30. Why are we still dealing with men who still playing those childish games?!?!?!

We were sitting on the phone talking about the same sh*t, different guy 5 years ago. Even 10. Why are we still talking about it?

Exactly. WHY ARE WE still talking about it?

No, not the men themselves, but the actual conversation.

Why are we still wasting our time having this same conversation? It won't change the situation and it won't change men, so I'm going to stop dealing with them.

Yeah, I'm by myself and I don't do anything on the weekends, but I'm still going to be at home on the weekends whether I am complaining about some dude or not.

I mean, not having a man is all society talks about!

Why are so many women still single in their 30s? Why don't men call? Why is the thrill of the chase so important to them? Why? Why? Why?

There are countless books, magazine articles, and blogs written about the subject, not to mention the masses of women who ask psychic Sylvia Brown on the Montel Williams Show every Wednesday when they're going to get married.

Having that "Why won't he act right?" conversation makes me TIRED, so I'm going to stop having it. And I'm going to stop continuing it as well, so if you want to complain about a dude, call someone else.

I'm through with this conversation.

1 Comments:

  • At 12:55 AM, Blogger The Movement said…

    WORD! I wrote about the catch up conversation opener "who are you seeing now". That's what gets me the most. My friend and I are always talking about our options (or lack there of). I hear you. This whole game, song and dance, trying to wrap your brain around it all, is tiring.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home