This is Me

No Description Necessary

Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Watch K-Ville!




So the other night Anthony Anderson was in my dream. We were at a family reunion and during the barbeque I said to him, "Hey, Anthony. I just wanted to let you know that I really like K-Ville and I hope it stays on." He said, "Thanks, man. I really appreciate that." And then he gave me dap. (LOLOLOLOL)

If you didn't already know, my dreams are CRAZY, so of course this one didn't alarm me. (It made me laugh, though.)

It is such a good show and I hate that it hasn't found its audience.

I've heard that some feel it doesn't portray New Orleans correctly, but nothing is ever going to be perfect and no matter what they do SOMEONE will say "That's NOT New Orleans!" You can't please everyone. (Does every show based in New York have everything about New York down?)

I am also a "Fist in the Air The Revolution Will Not Be Televised" type chick, so I'm ALL ABOUT supporting a show about Black people trying to do positive things.

Anthony Anderson's character - the MAIN character I might add - is NOT the ex-con. (His partner is. He was in jail when Katrina hit and since prison records were washed away, he joined the army and "reinvented" himself....)

It also keeps issues with New Orleans in the forefront. It hires locals for extras and is putting much-needed money into the city. It successfully weaves the Katrina storylines into its episodes but doesn't beat you over the head with them, which is good. It's well-written and it has fans! It may not be a monster blow out, but it's a good show with good actors and good writers.

AND It's a drama with a Black male lead. Those type of shows don't last long (Taye Diggs anyone?) and very rarely get made. We've got to have more on television than I Love New York. (People, please?!?!?! Why do we let this madness continue?) Let's support something good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home