This is Me

No Description Necessary

Monday, October 22, 2007

My House Is A Mess

My house is a mess.

When I was working two jobs, dishes would lay piled on top of each other in the kitchen for days. I'd be so tired when I got home after a 13-hour day that I'd always tell myself, "I'll get to it when I get to it." I wasn't attracting any roaches because I always clean my plate (I mean - there are people dying all over the world from starvation. The least I could do is eat everything on my plate.) But NOW that I have quit my second job (I can't tell you how excited I am that I no longer have to work 2 jobs! WOO-HOO!) I clean my kitchen every night after eating.

Now the mess is JUNK. Old newspapers, magazines, papers that need to be shredded, etc., etc. etc. Everything just piled on top of each other.

Looking at it is so overwhelming. It's too much to tackle.

I've got magazines that are years old. Ask me why I still have them? Because I have a hard time throwing things away. I think I might need them at some point, which causes me to keep adding to the pile of junk I already have.

And when you let stuff pile up instead of cleaning it up when it's small, the pile just keeps getting bigger and bigger. To the point that it will take weeks of searching through to finally get rid of it.

My mess isn't "tackle in one weekend" mess. This is MESS.

One weekend I spent on my room. I dusted, vacuumed my lamp shades, got the cobwebs out of the corners. Now it's so clean it looks like a furniture showroom. I wanted to take pictures and send it to people it was so clean.

That was one weekend.

The next weekend I tackled my office area. Cleaned off my computer desk. Filed papers. Got it organized.

Yesterday I started on the den, where all the magazines are. I'm always looking for new recipes, so I decided to keep the recipes, put them in the book, and recycle the rest of the magazine. But when I picked up one magazine, I realized I hadn't finished it.

("Do you know how long it will take me to go through all these magazines if I haven't finished them?" I ask myself. A long time, but I can't throw it away without knowing what else was in the issue I didn't read. I HAVE to know!)

So I started to read. And the first article I read (in this May 2003 issue) was a survey of the top 5 things women let slack when they have too much work to do.

#1 - housework.

Well, I already knew that. My house is a mess.

1 Comments:

  • At 11:10 AM, Anonymous Monica said…

    I feel ya Soror! This is my life.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home