This is Me

No Description Necessary

Thursday, August 03, 2006

But That's a Dog.....

Folks have been working my nerves for the past two days. I won't give you all the details but I will talk about one discussion that occurred yesterday.....

Someone please explain to me why people treat their pets better than other people? Don't they understand that they are animals, not humans?

(Now if you can't already tell, I do not like animals. They stink, don't follow orders [How many times have I heard "Oh, he won't bite." Yeah, tell that to the scar on my left hand..."], and above all - they STINK. I don't care how much you wash it. It will always smell. BUT I will respect your love for animals; just don't look at me crazy because I don't feel the same way you do about YOUR animal.)

The dialogue started when someone asked if it was too much for her friend to put her pets in a kennel when they visit because her son has allergies. All the pet lovers in the world had a fit and said "My house is my pet's house. He lives here. You don't. If you don't like my pet, you don't have to stay with me."

But wait - don't people accommodate their guests? When you have people coming to visit, don't you clean up? Change the sheets? Or do you leave everything the way it is, because it's your house as well as the dirty dishes' house, too?

If I have allergies to your pet, am afraid of them, or just don't like them and you're my friend, wouldn't you try to accommodate me because I'm your friend? I guess if you don't, then you must not want me to ever come visit, and if that's the case, then maybe we're not as close as I thought we were.

Some who contributed to the conversation said their pets are their best friends and they would do anything for them. They even went as far to say that their pets are like family and family is MORE IMPORTANT to them than friends.

Wait..... have we forgotten we're talking about ANIMALS?

One girl even said that she treats her pet better than her friends because it (key word *IT*, not he or she) gives unconditional love.

Unconditional love? Try God. He does the same thing....

1 Comments:

  • At 10:44 AM, Blogger Tom said…

    Sorry, but I have to disagree- to a degree. I'm pretty much all alone except for my doggie. I'll lock her in the bedroom if you want me to when you come visit. That's the least I can do. Also that's about the most I can do. I'll vacume and clean, etc. but I cant' really do a kennel. Now, if I come to your house, I will not bring my dog, out of respect for your wishes. Once again, the least I can do.
    Tom

     

Post a Comment

<< Home